Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies for the Dark Side

Here's my latest Cookies for the Dark Side venture. These are my favorite so far, and every one who has tried them has given them rave reviews. I took a batch to work, and my fellow nurses couldn't get enough. Suffice to say I was the favorite staff member that night!

In my directions, I indicate to bake 12-15 minutes. I prefer a chewy, fall-apart-in-your-hand cookie, so I tend to lean toward the 12 minute side of baking. If you like a sturdier cookie, aim for 14 or 15 minutes.

Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies for the Dark Side

Ingredients:
2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 c (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 c packed dark brown sugar
1 c granulated white sugar
1 c (1/2 can) pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c bittersweet 60% cacao chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheets.

In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.

In a large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract; mix well.

Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and set in centers. Allow to cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment